Today I destemmed and crushed the bucket of Petite Sirah.
- My weight: 78.95, my weight with container: 89.35, i.e. 10.4 kg of raw grapes.
- My weigh: 78.00, my weight with bucket: 87.10, i.e. 9.1 kg of grape juice.
Equipment used. To support local I buy brewing supplies at Mt Si Homebrew Supply in Snoqualmie.
- 6-gallon food grade bucket (primary fermenter)
- Star San 4 oz (for bucket sanitization)
- Plastic containers (for unprocessed grapevines, waste)
- Hands (to destem)
- Kitchen nylon turner (to crush). Need a better tool though. Like a potato masher.
Up next: I’m going to punch down it every 12 hours.